Stinky Outhouses

This blog follows my process as complete my senior research and development class. The focus of my final project is smelly outhouses.

Problem: High traffic public toilets are unpleasant to use when camping.

Purpose: The purpose of this study was to research and develop a solution that improves the experience of using high traffic public toilets.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Outhouse Kit?

After completing my first round of surveys I've learned that most people are equally as concerned by germs, hygeine, and lack of supplies as they are with the smell of the outhouse. This greatly changes the scope of my study, but it will also help me achieve a more holistic solution.

The solution I am focusing on now is based on my second round of surveys. The second survey is helping me determine what supplies would be needed to improve the experience in a high traffic porta-potty, outhouse, or public toilet.

I am leaning toward some sort of a kit that would improve peoples visit to an outhouse. My research has determined that this is a valid problem area and there is nothing specifically like this currently in the market, with the exception of the separately sold items.

No comments:

Post a Comment