Stinky Outhouses

This blog follows my process as complete my senior research and development class. The focus of my final project is smelly outhouses.

Problem: High traffic public toilets are unpleasant to use when camping.

Purpose: The purpose of this study was to research and develop a solution that improves the experience of using high traffic public toilets.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Existing technology for a possible solution


Huge score today. I found existing technology that is used in underwear pads that eliminate flatulence odors. Yes, you are reading correctly, these are basically fart filters (the filter above is made by Flat-D). I found two such products in this category that are available for purchase online.
These filters could be used for a potential solution that I've thought about. Basically an outhouse mask of some sort that protects you from the outhouse odors. This filter technology is the most relevant I've found so far to incorporate into the mask. The last post contains some info on the technology used in these filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment